Portugal is one of Europe’s most historically influential countries, with a rich past of global exploration and trade. Today, residents of Portugal enjoy visa-free travel and access to the 26 countries of the European Schengen Area. The program offers an opportunity for you and your family to live, study and work in Portugal, a very safe country with excellent health care and educational opportunities.
Portugal Golden Visa Program
The Golden Visa Program was launched in October of 2012 and has become Europe’s most popular residency-by-investment program and is available to all non-EU nationals. The program requires the main applicant to invest in the country in return for a residence permit.
The Golden Visa Program provides a possible route to Portuguese and European Union citizenship after five years, if a basic knowledge of the Portuguese language and genuine links can be demonstrated. Portugal is an extremely family-friendly nation and the Golden Visa Program extends to dependants providing an excellent option for families seeking a European base. English is widely spoken and the country offers attractive personal tax options via the non-habitual tax regime. The Program requires an applicant to stay in Portugal for at least seven days in the first year and no less than 14 days in each subsequent two-year period.
The program offers eight different investment or contribution options that will qualify the applicant for residence.
Property: Portugal has excellent real estate offerings, whether for lifestyle or investment with a large geographic environmental and price-point diversity. This option has the advantage of combining the program’s mandatory 7-days per year average stay with the potential for owning property in a highly desirable country. One of the following real estate options.
- Real estate purchase with a minimum value of EUR €500,000.
- Real estate purchase with a minimum investment of EUR €300,000 in properties older than 30 years or in an area of urban regeneration or EUR €280,000 in low population density areas.
Investment: One of the following capital transfer options.
- EUR €250,000 in support of artistic output or maintenance of national heritage.
- EUR €500,000 for investing into research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technological system.
- EUR €500,000 for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital funds for the capitalization of companies whose maturity at the time of the investment is at least five years and at least 60% of the value of investments will be realized in commercial companies based in the national territory.
- EUR €1.5 million capital transfer to a Portuguese Bank.
Business Investment: One of the following business investments.
- Entrepreneurs can incorporate a company or increase the share capital of an existing Portuguese company for EUR €500,000 and must create five local jobs for a three year period.
- Create a minimum of 10 new jobs.
Summary of Key Advantages
- Visa free travel access to the Schengen area
- Right to live, work and study in Portugal
- Residency can be granted within 6-8 months
- Low physical presence requirement (seven days in the first year and no less than 14 days in each subsequent two year period)
- Attractive taxation system
- Investment options from as little as EUR €250,000
- High quality of life, fantastic local cuisine and wines, rich culture, mild climate, mild climate and high level of security
- Citizenship possible after five years of legal residence
If you are interested in the Portugal Golden Visa Program please contact IIG for further information email@example.com
Please click here to complete on-line assessment.