Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Program
The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) was launched to boost foreign direct investment and stimulate the economy. The world’s newest CIP is also its most exclusive with only 2,000 applications to be accepted by the government. The CIP is due to close to 31 December 2022.
To qualify for citizenship the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, be a non-EU citizen, have no criminal record, be in good health, have a proven source of funds and pass strict government due diligence checks. In addition, the main applicant must make a non refundable donation to a Government Fund to support development in North of Montenegro and into an Innovation Fund as well as invest in a property in a government-approved real estate project.
- Real Estate – Applicants purchase a property in a government-approved real estate project by meeting one of the following criteria:
- EUR €450,000 investment in real estate on the coast of Montenegro or the capital city of Podgorica, OR
- EUR €250,000 investment in real estate in the northern part of Montenegro.
- Donation – In addition to the real estate purchase, applicants must make a non-refundable donation to the Government Funds of Montenegro in the total amount of EUR €200,000.
Summary of Key Advantages
- Citizenship obtained within 4 to 6 months
- Visa free access to 123 countries
- Montenegro is on track for EU membership by 2025
- Only one visit required after receiving the approval in principle to complete biometrics and collect passports
- Low corporate and personal income tax and no tax on inheritance or gifts
- Potentially one of the fastest growing real estate markets in Europe
- Access to USA through E2 Investor Visa treaty, giving citizens the ability to apply for the non-immigrant visa
- No requirement to learn Montenegrin and English is widely spoken
- Montenegro permits de facto/common law relationships as part as a single application
If you are interested in the Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Program please contact IIG for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to complete on-line assessment.