Antigua & Barbuda Overview
Lying in the Easter Caribbean’s Leeward Islands, the English-speaking, two-island state of Antigua and Barbuda is a favoured destination affectionately referred to as the “Land of 365 Beaches”.
Antigua & Barbuda enjoy a pleasant year-round climate with average air temperatures ranging between 25°C to 28°C (77°F to 82°F) and sea temperatures reaching 29°C (84°F). These lush tropical islands are stunningly beautiful locales, and tourism is the dominant source of income generating about 60% of the islands GDP.
Having gained independence from Britain in 1981, Antigua and Barbuda has developed a reputation for judicial and governmental stability. Today, passport holders enjoy via fee travel to approximately 150 countries, including the countries of European Schengen Area, the UK, South Africa, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as enjoying privileges associated with citizenship of a Caricom country.
Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship By Investment Program
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship By Investment Program requires an applicant to make a significant financial investment into the country in return for citizenship for the applicant an his/her family.
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the due diligence requirements, commit at least five days of visit within the first five years of obtaining citizenship and must select one of the following three options:
- A non-refundable donation to the National Development Fund starting from USD $100,000.
- The National Development Fund (NDF) is a non-profit fund that was established under section 42(2) of the Finance Administration Act 2006 for the purpose of funding government sponsored projects, including public-private partnerships and approved charitable investments.
- Purchase of qualifying real estate of at least USD $200,000 in a Government approved project.
- Applicants may also choose to purchase real estate with a minimum value of USD $200,000 from an approved real estate project. The real estate cannot be disposed of for a period of five years.
- USD $150,000 non-refundable donation to the University of the West Indies (families of six or more only).
Summary of Key Advantages
- Visa free travel to 151 countries including the EU, the UK, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Full citizenship with passport granted to main applicant, spouse, children and parents or grandparents
- Required donation is from USD $100,000
- No personal income, capital gains, inheritance tax or tax on foreign income
- Minimal presence is required for at least five days within the first five years of obtaining citizenship
- Antigua & Barbuda is an exceptionally beautiful place to live year round or to regularly visit your second home. With over 365 beaches and a temperate climate, the country is a true jewel in the Caribbean
If you are interested in the Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship By Investment Program please contact IIG for further information email@example.com
Please click here to complete on-line assessment.